This past weekend was Mermorial day and we even got to have Jeff off on Monday! Yay! On Saturday we did some shopping for home repairs that need to be finished. Shopping and spending money, now next we need to actually accomplished the repairs.. :) This first picture is at Lowe's - they have this little set up to show what you could do in your back yard...Na, we'll just come down here to Lowes and play in yours...hahaha! They kids were playing restruant while Jeff and I were looking at lights.
Later, that night we decided to have a little family togetherness, so we went to Jason's Deli for dinner - had a couple free kids meals coupons the kids had earned - and then after dinner we headed up to Amador vista park and played with the kids until dark. This park has a fun zip line and merry go round that make it really fun. Also, a splash pad that Eric got drenched in. It was such a nice day. Everyone was in a good mood and was getting along really well. It was really nice. A favorite day!
Then Jeff and I put the kids to bed and tried to watch a movie. Of course I fell asleep a third way into it (don't worry I watched it the next morning. ) It was called the Big Year. It was pretty good, I liked it. Here is a picture of Rachel on the zip line with Daddy helping her. It was the only picture I got. It was getting too dark for any more with out a flash.
Sunday was a pretty regular day: Church and dinner and whatnot. Monday morning I decided that I wanted to go hiking instead of my usual run. So I told everyone my plans and invited any who wanted to join me. (they all did of course - jeff wanted to get a few things done around the house, so he stayed. - I don't blame him, he rarely gets any time at home without kids running around HELPing him....) We tried a new trail we found at one of the new parks here in Henderson. It was fun! The kids thought it was really nice view of the city and were excited that they could see Sunset station from where we were. I was just excited to be out and about and enjoying nature! :)
I love taking these yahoos on hikes, we talk and have lots of fun together.
And they are such darn cuties!
Rachel and Andrew running ahead
Stopping for a water break.... have to keep hydrated!
Throwing rocks down the mountain....
Andrew found this cool rock that had a little 'seat' in it that you could sit on. So we took a picture. Also, he is holding a rock that they were using as an Olympic torch, pretending to run it to the Olympics.
Here's our beautiful view - and note it is early in the morning - about 8 am here (we'd been hiking for about 1 hour already - got to beat the heat here!)
Rachel taking a turn in the 'seat'
The last 1/2 hour or so Bryant wanted to be carried. Which was fine, he does pretty good for such a little guy. he is holding his hand up because he hurt it when he tripped earlier. He is such a trooper though, he keeps on going! Cheesing and enjoying the ride on mom's shoulders! Don't look at the lovely hair - We just rolled out of bed and left!
After we finished our hike, we played around at the park for a little while, since it was right there. And the kids asked so nicely.
swinging and climbing, and running in the splash pad to cool off after a long hike! ;)
I really like this new little park, it is very nice.
what a cheeser!
Later in the afternoon, we haeaded over to my mom's house and went swimming - the inaugeral swim for the year for us! We had a BBQ and it was really fun. I enjoyed getting to talk to my mom and spending some times with her. I don't get to do that as much as I would like sometimes, but I hope she knows I cherish the time I do get to spend. And of course the kids LOVE to go to grandmas and swim and eat popsciles.. and they loved the cupcakes grandma made with kisses in them. :0 It was truely a very nice weekend, and I am so grateful for those who have served and given their lives for the freedoms we have.
No comments:
Post a Comment