Ah, Mother's day! The day to celebrate being a mother! It is my all- time best thing I have ever done in this life. I will never regret it, only love what it has taught me and the rewards that come with it - Rachel, Andrew, Eric, and Bryant! That being said it is also the hardest job I have ever had as well, especially the hours... which are 24/7 - no break here! Anyway, I did have a fabulous example of what kind of mother to be - my mom! She is amazing, through it all she still shines! I love you mom!Well, for this mother's day I was making some cookies for primary - I make CTR cookies for kids that have passed off their articles of faith - BIG ONES! Anyway, I thought that with the rest of the dough I had the kids could make cookies and decorate to give to the grandmas! I made a card with pictures of them on it to give them as well. Here is Rachel, sampling her work. They are very yummy cookies. :)
Andrew With most of the cookies... they sure turned out bright that's for sure!
Here's a picture of the CTR cookies I made. One of these was for a 3 year old sunbeam who passed off and seriously memorized her articles of faith - awesome! She is amazing!
Here are the kids creations.... yes, even Bryant helped! :)
And here is the one I made for my mom, although it was stepped on by Eric before it made it to her. :)
Also, in May we had a school science and social studies night at the kids school. It was a lot of fun. Here we are in Rachel's class making twirly birds or helicopters... Jeff is helping Eric and Andrew is sneaking a look in someones desk.. I better have a talk with him about that! Rachel had written a report about Koala bears and typed it up herself. Andrew had done a huge report about Mercury - I forgot to take pictures of both. But they did an awesome job!
This picture is of the 2nd grades flat stanley project. They all send out letters with flat stanley in them to all over and then share what they get back and put some of them on this wall. Thanks to all who participated with us- it made it really fun to see what came back! I always love going to see what the kids have been working on at school and what they do all day. I am grateful for the teachers that the kids have had this year, both have been fabulous! It's been a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment