Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve 2014

New Year's Eve day - started out with a dentist appointment for Andrew and Rachel - good news - no cavities (or at least none that need to be filled. :).
While we were there it started snowing ever so slightly. - the for cast have been taunting us for the past week that it might snow and so it did - on a minuscule scale and only in certain areas.  Since we were close to Jeff's work I thought we might drive that way to see if it was snowing there.  - it was flirting quite nicely there. So much that I had the kids get out of the car and enjoy it.  I told Jeff we were there and he came out to enjoy it with us for a moment.  As we headed home there was no more flurry. - none by us so I'm grateful we had a dentist appointment that we might see a hint if white. :)
And yes - that's Bryant is shorts trying to catch snowflakes - at least he has a coat on. :).
 Our family New Years eve party! Wahoo. This year we started with cheese fondue appetizers after which we played games.  We were going to take turns choosing but ended up having a bounce off tournament (a fun game Marc and Michelle gave us for Christmas). Next in the schedule - dinner - fondue style.  The kids loved it although the broth was a bit spicy - I used one I found online. - I think I'll keep looking for another recipe. :).

 We had fun cooking and eating and I thinned out the broth it was much better. 

 Here was our schedule if events :) our big hit of the night was dessert. We built a fire in the fire pit I'd gotten at a yard sale sight. And toasted marshmellows and made s'mores.  It was really cold out but standing next to the fire kept us warm. It was nice to sit by the fire and relax. We may start doing this more often. 


I taught the kids the best way to roast marshmellows - felt like handing down my knowledge from my parents and grandparents.
We stayed up well past midnight ( all but Bryant who's crashed around
 11 pm.   This is what happened the following day. Nap central.   :). Happy new year. Here's to 2015. 

No comments: