Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Strep and stuff

The last few days have been a little crazy. We've had sickness and when that happens not much else does. :). Eric came home from school Friday not feeling too good.  He didn't gave a fever but I gave him some ibprophen and he crashed on the couch.  He slept for a couple hours then puked and slept the rest of the night. And most of the next day.  At first I thought he just had a big but then on Saturday he said his throat hurt and I knew I needed to take him in.
Here he is in the urgent care office waiting and waiting.  Trying to smile when he feels so crumby. :(. What a guy  !
Diagnosis  - strep throat. Oh dear - again ( not Eric but Rachel and Bryant already have had this this school year. ).  Well the doctor said he would give him a shot (2 ) actually and steroids since he was so swollen   He was so good, brave, with 2 shots in the butt.  The nurses told him to run in place and dance around to get it in his system well. Here he is gollowing directions. ( poor guy still didn't feel good).
Luckily by morning he was already feeling better. He said home from church with Jeff on Sunday and with me that night when everyone went to Jeff's parents.  Then Monday morning (and he stayed home that day too) Rachel said her throat hurt. I wasted no time and took her in - (luckily pediatricians was open today)  and yep she has strep too. So she has been home Monday and today. Whew!  Long days with everyone home :)
On Sunday it was my week to teach - we are studying president Ezra Taft benson. His lesson was about the first commandment - living The Lord god. It went really well - meaning there were lots of discussion  (which is the way I like to teach ) I did have an object lesson with a bottle and rice and rocks and putting go first. :). I thought it was a good one.
Today Eric finally went back to school and I left Rachel at home and went to the school to work on a bulletin board. Then grabbed some groceries and Bryant and headed home. Rachel did her homework and spent most of the day on her addiction - tv.   At least in was magic school bus and is educationaL. :)
She's headed back to school tomorrow as am I since she has a field trip. Guess I still won't be getting much done. ;). But I'll spend time with my daughter which is of course more important. :) 

No comments: