Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finishing up the school year!

Ah, yes, that last day of school...kids count down the days that head for glorious summer full of no homework, swimming, video games, movies, fun with friends, and summer vacations...My kids are no different.  We had a good school year, with great teachers.. I'm so grateful for that.  Rachel had a great year and ended up with straight A's all three semesters.. Even better than that, she is reading and writing so well!  Andrew also had a good year with mostly all A's and B's.  His teacher said he is not working up to his potential... yes, he need s to work a little harder! So, we will help him do that.
One of the fun things I got to do this year was volunteer in Rachel's classroom.  I switched with A friend every week.  One of us was in the class room while the other watched the kids.  THese first pictures are from the last day I was in the classroom. Rachel is on the right.
Such a fun classroom. 
On my last day, the class gave me a little bag with all their pictures and signatures on it that said thank you.  Plus, they had all written a note for me. :)

Rachel and Ms. Vanselow.:)
Here are the little boys waiting for the big kids on the last day of school
Cheese.
Andrew with Mrs. James and Audra!
Andrew and Mrs. James.  I love how well she knew Andrew, his strengths and weaknesses.  She really was a great teacher.
Getting home from school on the last day.   We had Audra with us, we'd invited everyone we could think of to join us at the splash pad after school, so we stopped at home and changed and headed up to the park.  I had a little sign out for the kids... They look excited.. no?
Yay!
At the splash pad...
Lots of friends and fun!


we brought popscicles to share and we got subway for lunch... a real treat!
Climbing boy!
Our beautiful daughter
Eric found a party to join.
We also took the kids out for dinner at Olive Garden on Friday to celebrate the great year.  (thanks to some gift cards are great neighbors gave us for Christmas.) :)  We are already have a fun and busy summer... so more updates to come1 :0

No comments: