Thursday, June 21, 2012

Annual celebration/remembering Dad

For the third year now, we go out to visit dad's grave on his birthday.. I can't believe it's been that long..and yet it seems like an eternity since I've last seen my dad.  I still miss him so much.  We make it a fun family celebration.  Visit his grave and then go across the street to the fabulous park and have a bbq - steak in dad's memory.  My dad was a wonderful man.  He was a great father, always there when I asked or needed.  He would have done anything for anyone of us.  I miss his visits and phone calls and asking him about medicine.  :)
And yes we play at the water park.  I like to think dad likes to see the family together, eating and having a fun time.

swimsuits at the ready. 


I'm so grateful to know that I will see him again someday, that we are an eternal family.  I'm grateful for the knowledge of the gospel.  :)

And I'm grateful to know my family is mine for eternity as well, I couldn't imagine a life without them either.

playing at the water park


enjoying some yummy eats.  Marc, Michelle, and kids, and my mom and Ellyn joined us this year too.


fun times with family. 

and playing on the swings after all dried off! 
Happy Birthday Dad! we love you.

No comments: