It was a busy day, we got up early since I heard about this free fishing activity in Boulder City and thought Andrew could pass off a few cub scout requirements or whatever they are called. So as a family we headed down there! It was awesome! Not only did you not need a fishing liscence for the day, but they also had bait and fishing poles available for use. Plus we got these cool lanyards and some fishing equipment! All for free! Now, I haven't fished for YEARS, so it took some remembering. Dad always used to take us while at the cabin at A-1 lake or if we actually wanted to catch something we would go to Fred's Lake. I remember the times fondly. I don't even like fish, but I love to fish. :) Not that I was ever good, we never really caught much. Grandpa Perkins used to take us too. I think there are still a few poles at the Cabin.
There were lots of people around, but not as many as I thought there might be. The kids quickly figured out how to cast their lines. (This made Jeff very nervous.)
Here he is helping Bryant real in his line.
having lots of fun.
After awhile they had some drawings. Bryant and Andrew both one a brand new fishing rod! So awesome! I guess now we should go fishing a little more!
They gave us corn to use for bait, and some live worms (mealworms really) Anyway, it took me a little bit, but I finally sucked up my gross factor enough to put on the worms and they worked great!
Here's me and the fish I caught! The one and only fish we caught. Fun stuff.
After fishing, we came home had some lunch and then headed out to the new airport terminal where they were having a grand opening. It was fun to see all the new stuff, they were giving away some cool prizes too, but we didn't win. We had to do a little scavenger hunt first to put our name in the drawing.
Lots of entertainers and places to see
and SIT
When else are you going to sit on the luggage turnstile and not get thrown out?
We thought this airplane made out of butterflies was cool.
We even saw Elvis and Marilyn
And of course you have the Vegas Show girls.. :)
Later that night, Jeff and I went to a surprise 80's birthday party for our friend Jared. We had to dress up. And check out this cake! His mom made it - cool huh?
Flashback right? fun stuff.
Whew! After that day (June 9th) I'm wiped out! Still trying to catch up a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment