Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Birthday me!

Guess what I got for my birthday this year?  I'll give you a hint.....
If you guessed a new sewing machine you are wrong...Nope...new tires! yeah me!..
It's funny how sometimes you can get a feeling something like that is coming... I had been walking the morning before and was thinking that we needed to get new tires on Jeff's car (still do) and the thought popped into my head that the van needed new tires too....hmm that was odd..but when I got home I peeked at the tire on the van and they did seem very worn to me, not a lot of tread left and the sides seem to be cracking...still I put it out of my head and went to work for the day.  Next day, Thursday I think, I told Jeff I was going to run to the grocery store by myself before he left for work (there by not having to take all four children with me...) Well, the fates (I don't really believe in fates, just like the saying) had other plans...I opened the door to the van, just about to get in when I saw what you saw in the pictures above...a VERY flat tire.  So I went inside and informed Jeff that I would not be going to said grocery store, but instead would be going to the tire store to fix the tire.  We got the tire to hold air so that I could drive over, and when I talked to the salesman, and yes I know he was trying to sell me something, but having worked in tires before and having had thought previous day, felt like it was a good idea to replace them.  (Plus, with the warrenty left on our tires, he gave me a really good deal.)  So here they are my lovely new tires...Jeff volunteered to put bows on them for me..what do you think ? should I drive around with bows on my tires?  They'd probably just fall off anyway!
My family also took me out to dinner - we went to the elephant bar and enjoyed a  nice dinner out with the kids being very well behaved.  Then we also stopped by the purple penguin which is like really, really good shaved ice snow cone....yumm.  My actual birthday was on Sunday and it was a very nice relaxing day.  I took a nap and played with my kids and they even sung to me in primary! :) So I think 37 shall be a good year! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is scary. I'm so glad that the cabin was missed, though, and that everyone was OK. Hopefully, it will be all recovered by next year.