Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When it's summer in Vegas....

There's not much else to do outside, but SWIM, SWIM, SWIM!!!!... So that's what we do...and lots of it...To start off we have done one seession of swim lessons so far this summer (we still have another session at the end of the summer.) I even ended up getting in the water myself with Bryant and doing a parent and me class... which I must say he made some great leaps and bounds from.  Bryant learned to paddle his arms and most importantly be more comfortable in the water.  He started the summer not even wanting to go in the water and crying when I took him in with me ...to loving it and wanting to play all day in the water! Go Bryant!
Another fun thing was we got to take lessons with my best friend Amber and her kids! There is Amber and Nathan right behind Bryant and I.

Bryant and me at our class.

Singing songs like "popcorn, chocolate, row row row your boat, hokey pokey, etc."

Having lots of fun!
Eric started out really slow this summer and just like his personality he was a little stubborn about doing what the teacher or me wanted him to do...But then I took some extra time and worked with him at my mom's one day and showed him that he could swim with his floaties really well.  Normally, he would just stick on the shelf on the pool and swim all over that (wonderfully well) but I think he just needed that extra confidence to see he could swim the rest of the pool.  Once he saw that he could do that, he was fabulous! He did everything that the teacher asked and swam all over! I'm was so pleased with the progress he made...now maybe that confidence could transfer to potty training?  that would be my dream!

Isn't he cute!

Motor boat skills with his buddy Zack!

Fishy in the middle
Getting to go down the slide at the end of lessons!

What a cutie!
Rachel also has grown by leaps this summer.  She has gained some confidence  and really taken off, not being so timid as she has in the past and refusing to try.  She has done really well! She was in level 1 again this year, but I think has really learned this time around!  I've also tried to take some good time and work with her as well at my mom's and show her how she can swim without her floaties.  She is slowing doing wonderful!

All smiles
fishy in the middle
making new friends anywhere she goes!

And going down the slide the last day of class!

our bathing beauty!
Andrew I think has by far really worked hard this summer ...last summer he ended the summer in second level and when tested for swim lessons got right into level 3 - where they taught him some great strokes and he worked hard, listened so well to his teacher, and won every submarine game they played!  He is turning into quite the fish!  I'm very pleased with how well he worked and learned! Go Andrew! His teacher was very pleased as well and said that I should go ahead and sign him up  for level 4 because he was ready to move on! :)
playing with his classmates!

Hi Andrew
My little fish!

Swimming laps, and laps, and laps!


And going down the BIG slides on the last day of class! loves it!
I took some random shots as we are hanging around lessons. I love this first one of Byrant all wrapped up and drying off and saying  cheese for mom!
Eric lounging on a chair, drying off and hanging out with his buddy Zack (Amber's boy)

Everyone drying off and having a little fun.

Gettting ready to hit the water the last day of class.
Aside from swimming lessons, we have also had a lot of fun swimming at the rec center, friends houses, and of course Grandma Woolfenden's house.   We love to swim at Grandma's house and she has us over at least once a week to have a grandma day! The kids absoulutely love it and look forward to it!

Her pool is nice and cool.

And she always has fun pool toys and great floaties for the kids.

one of the best parts is Michelle and her kids (Marc's) come swim with us too.  The cousins love to swim together and we've been known to be out there for hours upon hours without realizing how long it's been. (which has given us a sunburn once. - but we beefed up on the sunscreen after that occasion)

Everyone swimming and having fun!

cowabunga!  Andrew loves to jump!

Eric swimming all over the pool! Go Eric!

No comments: