It was one of those days where the kids were nuts and I still had to make dinner...So I called them over to the table and said I have a project for you...(they always like that) So I handed them a bag of mini marshmellows and 2 small boxes of toothpicks...And told them to build whatever they wanted.
I was pretty amazed at the difference in creativity and choice...I thought for sure they'd just copy each other, but I was wrong. Eric started out copying Rachel who was building a bridge like she'd seen on curious George one day, but before I could even get a picture, he ate it (not the toothpicks, just the marshmellows.) Then he came up with his Robot rosco - which is from backyardigans. It ended up with two arms, two legs and a head.
And he couldn't have been happier.
Andrew carefully constructed a roller coaster, complete with turns and loop de loops...
Rachel's bridge got bigger and bigger and more demension as the time went by.
Here's the completed rosco....eaten after of course.
The three completed projects, so you can see them better...I think they worked on these clear until dinner was done..longer than I thought they would...but it was a good one!
These next pictures were from them buring themselves...I have no idea why..just found them on my camera and thought they were funny. Enjoy
Apparently (thankfully) they didn't bury Bryant.
1 comment:
That's a great idea! I think I'll give it a try when I need a little distraction.
Post a Comment