I am very grateful to live in a country with so much freedom, founded on principles and faith in God. I am grateful for all those who have given their lives to protect those freedoms... and I'm grateful to be able to celebrate these freedoms on Independance day! This year I wanted to try out one of the 4th of July parades, mostly because I miss the one we always went to in Show Low...(and was sometimes even in it) Maybe I'll show you pictures of me in my marching uniform someday. ) I digress...my family indulged my idea and we headed out to Boulder City to see their parade. We even had some pretty good seats.
Getting ready and keeping shaded.
"flag, flag" yep..it's a flag buddy!
The parade started with a fly over - I thought this was very cool.. I couldn't ever imagine trying to fly that close to another plane..I like my space.But it looks awesome!
Meet the fire chief...the kids really liked him.
We even got to see our new Govener Sandevol..not sure how I feel about him yet, but he came with one of his kids.
And no parade is really complete without the shrieners riding their go karts or mini cars or what not..
And can't have a parade without some horses right ? The parade was fun, then we went home and chilled out til later that afternoon. Then we headed over to my mom's to swim and participate in her 'block party' Yummy food from everyone in the cudlisac and then we all set off fireworks! It was quite a show, not to mention all the illegals in the vacinity.
This is Marc, he is being dramatic...I love that about him! (Maybe because I like to be dramatic with him sometimes!)
Grandma getting in the action!
All the kids waiting for marc to light the firework, and then they will all run away....in a mad dash to watch from the sidewalk.
Bryant liked his seats with daddy...unlike all my other children Bryant seems to have no aversion to fireworks, loud noises, or fire... He really wanted to get right in the action. He did sit and watch really well though...even adding his own oooooo's and aaaaaaa's.. IT was quite cute.
Some more of the fabulous spectators...Aren't they so cute!
And more handsome people...
And this cute boy is my fantastick nephew Ethan...
RAchel and her sparkler...she actually liked the fireworks more this year too.
There goes Bryant and daddy...No Fear,,, the kid has no fear.
Sparkle city!
And here's a lovely picture of me with Bryant...I look tired...
OOOOOO and AAAAAAA
Eric hanging back a little sitting a little close, but not too close., but still cute.
Bigger OOOOOOOO's and AAAAAAAAA's
Eric and Aunt Ellyn
Bryant found a seat just his size.
And RAchel and her daddy...lighting one last sparkler!
No comments:
Post a Comment