Friday, October 5, 2007

What a day....

Okay - yesterday was just one of those long days - not terrible, but just annoying enough to make you want to do nothing. I was going to write last night, but just didn't have the enery to do anything, so I watched t.v. instead. (very productive!)
It started pretty normal - everyone up, eating breakfast, getting dressed and trying to pick up messes before we head out to Andrew's preschool class. Except for the fact that I'm having a hard time concentrating with my head full of sinus pressure ( I love these allergies!) I'm out of milk and need to go grocery shopping, which I usually like to do while ANdrew is in class (since then I only have two children with me instead of three) only I invited a new person to playgroup at the park and wanted to be there just in case she came so she would know a familiar face. She didn't show.....
oh, well Rachel and Eric had fun. Eric's nap kept getting interrupted and he was a little cranky - thankfully his cranky isn't ever too bad - he's such a happy guy. So we pick up Andrew, back to the park (because I promised Andrew we would go to the park after class, even though I really didn't want to.) Then home for lunch and naps! (what a reprieve!)
Then back out to the store for milk and cereal... or so I thought - the van wouldn't start, I tried again, no dice.... I started laughing! (that or crying right!?) the kids are all buckled in and Andrew is freaking out -" mom don't make that clicking sound, why doesn't the car start? " Rachel is the culprit - after our morning venture she was playing around in the front seat and turned on the hazard lights! Drained battery.
Now I am ever so grateful for our next door neighbors - we love them. They are an older retired couple who are always there to help. And did just that. So after Frank charged our battery he said to take a 30 minute drive and keep the car running so it wouldn't loose it's charge. So we went to visit daddy at work, back to the store where by the time we leave it's almost 7 p.m.; kids are hungry and tired so I remember I have a coupon for our favorite fast food - Panda, usually fast - of course not so tonight - oh well - I don't have to cook.... Home, dinner, groceries away, baths, prayer, bed.....
Now it wasn't so bad, just a long day and after reading my cousins blog I'm going to be thankful for my own days - it could always be worse and how grateful I am for all the little things to get me through it - friends, neighbors, calls from mom, and a wonderful husband who got up with our 2 year old last night! oh - and best of all - Andrew had clean underwear all day!!! So let's see what today has to offer!!! :)

1 comment:

Cami said...

Ah, the adventures never cease.
I feel your allergy pain as well as the i-really-don't-want-to-go-to-the-park pain.
The wonderful part of all of this is that this little ones are SO SO SO worth it!