This is the second time writing this. So I'm going to be brief. (you ever have one of those moments when it's all done, pictures, great comments, and then opps.....all gone. - that was this.....:) Could always be worse!Monday night - Pumpkin patch. We met my brother and his family there for some fun and family home evening.
The kids didn't know we were meeting them there so it was a fun surprise for them. Andrew had a first; riding rides by himself. Usually he's a little 'cautious' , but with the help of his daredevil cousin Ethan, how could he not ride the rides. First, the swings. He loved this. Then, they played lucky duck and ANdrew and rAchel won a pair of say $.25 sunglasses. :) The funnest though as ANdrew will tell you was the cars. They rode this twice, both times watching behind them, for either someone to catch up to them or hit them. "mom, I drived the car!" AFter the cars, I couldn't do it anymore, give any more money to the ridiculously priced kiddie rides. Funny thing about these "pumpkin farms" you don't seem many people actually buying pumpkins. ... hmm.. wonder why. Maybe because instead of buying theirs for $35 you can go to Walmart and get one for $3. Or so I thought.
The kids didn't know we were meeting them there so it was a fun surprise for them. Andrew had a first; riding rides by himself. Usually he's a little 'cautious' , but with the help of his daredevil cousin Ethan, how could he not ride the rides. First, the swings. He loved this. Then, they played lucky duck and ANdrew and rAchel won a pair of say $.25 sunglasses. :) The funnest though as ANdrew will tell you was the cars. They rode this twice, both times watching behind them, for either someone to catch up to them or hit them. "mom, I drived the car!" AFter the cars, I couldn't do it anymore, give any more money to the ridiculously priced kiddie rides. Funny thing about these "pumpkin farms" you don't seem many people actually buying pumpkins. ... hmm.. wonder why. Maybe because instead of buying theirs for $35 you can go to Walmart and get one for $3. Or so I thought.After the patch we headed there to buy ours, only to find
out they were out. Getting a shipment in the morning. So Tuesday after trick or treating storytime at the library, we went back,still didn't have any, but we did get our grocery shopping done, so all was not lost. Eventually, later we went to a couple more stores and finally found a pumpkin for about 1/10th of the price of the "patch" Then after dinner we set about to carve it. most of the fun was from getting the gunk out -"mom, I can't do it, it's got ewww in it." (Andrew) rachel dived right in, and andrew finally joined her. Scary was the choice of face and I think everyone was pleased. It was a fun activity. 
out they were out. Getting a shipment in the morning. So Tuesday after trick or treating storytime at the library, we went back,still didn't have any, but we did get our grocery shopping done, so all was not lost. Eventually, later we went to a couple more stores and finally found a pumpkin for about 1/10th of the price of the "patch" Then after dinner we set about to carve it. most of the fun was from getting the gunk out -"mom, I can't do it, it's got ewww in it." (Andrew) rachel dived right in, and andrew finally joined her. Scary was the choice of face and I think everyone was pleased. It was a fun activity. 
1 comment:
aren't kids funny. Keegan hated the ewwy stuff in the pumpkins and Kaitlin loved it.
Post a Comment