Monday, August 1, 2016

Last Week

It's been hard to come back from the cooler mountain weather.  The first week back as it was 110 + I had no motivation to do anything and it really showed... we didn't do much but survive the heat.  This past week I finally tried to get my act together so we did a few things.  We've had some friends come play and spent a day at cousins playing which I always enjoy..even though the sound barrier might get broken from cousin playing excitement.  (and subsequent headache ensues)  We even had some fun adventures.  Yay!  
Saturday night Jeff and I had a quick super fun date.  We went to hear our friend Chris Klein play at the House of Blues restaurant.   Good music, fun little treat (cheesecake), and great company (my honey).  The traffic wasn't too bad and we only stayed about an hour.  

 Earlier in the day I took the kids to the Gibson Library for pre-teen pizza party.  They love going the end of every month.  We also got our prizes for the summer reading program  fun stuff.
I thought this was an ingenious way to decorate using post it notes... maybe I'll have to try something like this :)

Friday the kids and I did an exploring day.  These are always my favorites.  We checked out the new IKEA store in town, since I've never been and wanted to see what all the hype was about.  I must admit it was pretty fun.  My favorite part was probably lunch with my crew.  We picked a few different things to share.  Our vertict?  Yummy!  and a nice view too. 
 Plus, they had these awesome carts to carry your trays while in line.. whoever came up with that idea, you are genius!!!!!!!
Before IKEA, we made a trip to the Shark Reef, since we had some passes ready to expire.  We also explored some of Mandalay bay and it's new parking procedures.  I'll spare you my diatribe on what I think about casinos charging locals for parking... 

This crew is getting too big... but we still have fun... :)







lots of fun water creatures...jellies, swordfish, sharks.  We took our time and read lots of the information and tried to identify the different types of fishes.  


jellies!

lionfish

Eric and Rachel were the only ones interested in touching the sting rays and crabs....








 I love to explore new places with these faces :)


We also finally went bowling this week.  For the first time this summer.  Boulder city Bowl fun.  Thanks to the summer kids bowl free program.  Andrew didn't come with us this time... was in a mood.  But we had fun anyway. :) Eric got the only strike of the day and it was on the last frame.  :)


Good to be back in the swing of things.. Some times I think my greatest enemy is my lack of motivation or direction.  Like this morning as I'm writing this I haven't even gotten myself dressed yet but I have figured out how to link my accounts and upload my recent pictures. So for today I'll call that a win.  :)  


No comments: