Monday, August 29, 2016

First Day of School 2016-2017

Mrs.Schwedrsky and Bryant.
Ahhh, the start of the new school year.  It brings nervousness, excitement, fear, and joy all in one fail swoop.  I pray for good teachers, for the kids to make good friends, good choices, and to listen to the things that the teachers try to get into their thick skulls. :)  I'm sure I'm the one that is more nervous than they are for sure.  Nervous about the kids riding the bus, and getting to the right classes and opening their milk at lunch.  I know in my heart that the kids are all very capable, but I miss having them all within my clutches and knowing where they and what they are doing at all times.  But I suppose that is the plight of most mothers as they let their children grow. And grow they must (not for the lack of my telling them they should stop!)
Well This year we have a 7th, 6th, 4th, and a 2nd grader.  Crazy! They were excited and raring to go first thing this morning.  I think all were up before 7 am.  unheard of.  I'm so sad that the carefree days of summer are over, although I am looking forward to the cooler weather.  I have 3 drop off times this year.  Thankfully, I have a carpool set up for the first - Andrew leaves about 6:45 a.m. as he has an early bird class this year.  So that means that I only have to drive him twice a week.  :)  Rachel catches the bus about 7:45 and Eric and Bryant I drop off at 8:45.... So.. there goes my morning.... :)  Na, its really not so bad, but I need to get into a routine that's for sure.  :) 

the first day of school 


Eric and Mrs. Gallagher







Buddies
Catching the bus for the first time... she's cool as a cucumber.. not me...nervous nelly here.. :)






 seventh graders here.  I remember when these two were babies together....  cute kids...

No comments: