Friday, July 15, 2016

on the way home....

They say all good things must come to an end,  I don't know if that is necessarily true, but alas our Arizona trip did.  The respite from the Las vegas head finally came to a close and we headed home.  We packed up, cleaned up the cabin, dropped the trash at Lazy Trout, and headed out.  With sad faces longing for a few more days? weeks?  months? ..My soul still loves to be in the mountains...I don't think you'll ever take that part of me away.  :) I think I would have stayed at least a few more days if not more if Andrew hadn't been invited to go do baptisms for the dead with his cousin Chandler on Friday (the 15th.)  I guess I love the kid and want him to have these good experiences.    
 It was a fantastic trip.... the only thing missing was Jeff.  :)  So the best part of coming home was JEFF! (or dad to the kiddos)  I think he was a little excited to see us too.  We stopped in Pinetop, Lakeside to have lunch with My mom and Kurt before we headed out.  Then stopped to see Grandma Great one last time too.  I'm grateful to be able to visit at least once a year.  :) The trip home was great.  We stopped at the rock shop and stopped for dinner in Kingman.  ANd then of course various bathroom breaks along the way...roadside and in towns..  Then finally about 9 pm we rode into the heat sweltering las vegas...I sure didn't miss that. :)  But happy to be home in my own bed....and back with my sweetheart. 

The best welcome home! 









rock shop group shot

a little piece of my heart is always here. 


No comments: