Friday, May 10, 2013

Andrews in the spelling bee!

Andrew made it to the spelling bee for third grade this year.  He was one of three finalist's for his classroom.  So, he was sent home with a list of over 400 words to study (some of them I had trouble with... really I don't spell so well out loud anyway, I have to look at the words.)  He studied them for over 2 weeks.  Then, on May 8th, 2013 it was the big day.  (I think I was more nervous for him than he was.)  He didn't want me to go, but I told him that this was one of those mom privledges and that I'd helped him study so I wanted to see him participate.  He was okay with that.  He did AWESOME!  I love the way he always thinks - with his hands over his head.  My camera was still missing, so I settled for iphone pics.  Not the greatest, but will have to do. 
Andrew came in 4th out of the whole third grade.  He got out on the word adjust, which I knew he might because he always forgot the d... as was the case here... I don't think he'll ever forget it again.  The funny thing was that right after he got out, everyone else got out on words he knew!!!!  ugh!  But he was so excited! And we are so pleased with his accomplishment!  




Way to Go Andrew!  You awesome speller you! :)  He received this certificate, a ribbon, and a big calculator.  :)

No comments: