Monday, April 22, 2013

Rachel's big day.

Rachel turned eight and eight is great! know why?  Because that's the age you are baptized!  So, please join us for a recap of her baptism. (no pictures of actual baptism as that is frowned upon) but before and after shots are great! :)  Rachel was baptized on April 13th, 2013  and we had lots of loving friends and family members come to support her in her big day. She also got to be baptized with two of her good friends in primary, Brendan Jerdon and Hannah Casey. Triple treat!  This is the invitation that I made to give to people. (I just added captions to the pictures I took of her in her white baptism dress and printed them out at Costco. - easy peasy, but I liked how they turned out)
I can't believe how grown up she looks.  Jeff got to baptize her - this is before and it's not a very good picture for some reason I don't know why.  It looks fine any other time, just not on this blog.  figures.

I love this one.
Lots of friends and family came from far and near!  She's one loved little girl!

Rachel, Rachel, Brenna, Jenna, Julia - and dress of Sarah.

Rachel's wonderful primary teacher - Sis. Sagers

Rachel and grandma. I love this one too.

Trying to get some family shots.  It may be the last time we are all together for awhile since Sam and Retta are moving to Alaska.

A group shot of a lot of family and friends in attendance... not all though.
My family

Rachel and Daddy

My mom and all her kids.
Being silly..


Amber and her family (or most of them.)

Our wonderful neighbors - Frank and Toni

Grandma and grandpa Seegmiller with Rachel

Another shot with grandma Sallie

 
Some of the food for the after party! We had a potato bar like we did at Andrew's.  It worked well and feeds lots of people and is pretty easy.


Nice look for Robin. :)

Weird picture of Marc.

another weird pic of sam.

Michelle and Asher.

Bryant and Aunt Retta

These next pictures are of Rachel opening all the sweet gifts she received from everyone.  I think she indeed felt very special on that day! 




Also, She received her very own set of scriptures.  She got to choose them out and they have her name on them.  She has to be accountable enough to take care of them, so eight is the best age to start.  right?
 



Our beautiful princess is growing up.  She sure looks like a sparling, clean angel in her beautiful dress. I hope she always keeps that glow. :)

Congratulations on your baptism Rachel.  Dad and I are very pleased with your decision and I know Heavenly Father is pleased that you have made this covenant.  He will always keep his promises to you, this I know to be true.  So long as you keep your end, he will always bless you.  :)

No comments: