This is just out of the riser...they hit the hot oil and start to turn a lovely brown.
This little machine here flips the donuts and then the other side turns a lovely brown.
Cheeseballs watching the fun.
This final part I like to call the sugar shower, cuz that's really what it is if you admit what is on it. They call it the glazing. But I think it is cool how it goes through this little shower of whiteness and comes out so yummy ... then it rides the conveyor belt around to where they are boxed and given out. :) Heaven.
here's Little man enjoying his warm, melt in your mouth, sugar showered donut! Smackalick! Lekker! ( dutch terms for yumminess!)
And still they watch! Awesome!
The next part of our day began down the street from the donut shop. At Star Nursery. Last year I never got around to planting anything, and although we really don't get a lot of growth here in the desert without a lot of work, I still like to try and have a little garden... Mostly, because the kids get the experience and I remember having that experience with my dad growing up.. growing stuff. It's like a little bit of magic, to watch something grow and then turn into something you can eat. It is a beautiful bit of heaven. After we picked out plants - we choose corn, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash, strawberries, and zuccini. We got some good paydirt to mix with our harsh desert clay soil...if you can even call it soil. Then, we headed home to do the work!.
Dig, dig, dig.. I make the kids do a lot of this stuff. They worked pretty hard. Everyone with their various shovels!
Eric supervising the plants
Even Bryant helps with the planting!
Rachel planting 'her' strawberries...she has defineately laid claim on these for some reason..Funny girl. She planted them almost all by herself.
We use those big containers for our garden... maybe someday we'll have a real backyard, with a real place for a garden... til then we'll imporvise. :)
Can you just imagine the farm story he looks like he's telling in this picture... I love it. NOthing like some good ol' hard work.
Andrew planting his cucumbers... he had to have the japanese ones for some reason.
Eric....Is it my turn mom...yes Eric, bring me your plants. :) He helped plant the tomatoes!
more, dig, dig, digging... reminds me of the seven dwarfs song.
Andrew...what are you doing?
working together...wow.. what a concept! Awesome.
Watering all our plants. Very carefully.
And our finished little garden... Here's hoping for a little bumper crop.
After our planing endevors, we cleaned up a little and also I let the kids play the wii a little and then we headed up to this new little park we found that is really cool. It's called reunion hills park. It's not too far up Stephanie street, but it's really fun. We met up with Andrew and her kids and had a little picnic lunch and let the kids play. It was really a nice end to the day...well to the kids day. I still had relief society meeting that night too. It was fun to see Amber's new baby and get to hold her, since I had been a liitle sick when she was born and didn't hold her because I didn't want to get her sick. It was a very nice four day weekend and I am already itching to do some more hiking. :) Maybe over spring break.
No comments:
Post a Comment