As you know by now, we are fully entrenched in the cub/boy scouts around our house. Andrew is a wolf, Mom is a unit commisioner (over cub scouts), and dad is the 11 year old scout leader for our ward. Well, February marks the birthday of boy scouts and so every year we celebrate with the Blue and Gold banquet! This is our first year, but I think it turned out fun! We had a great turn out- every scout came except maybe one! I was in charge of decorations...and am grateful for all the help I had on that account. I probably should have asked for a little more help, but I'm still learning about delegating. As I said in the previous post I used treats as the center pieces for our tables. One was the cake I made, then I had cookies shaped in cub scout symbols or birthday shapes, and the third was oreo truffles dipped in blue and gold colors! (I'd been wanting to try and make these and they are yummy!) We also made this little decoration.. that I found online and Amy helped me by cutting out all the letters for me (on her handy cricket machine) I think it turned out awesome, although I'm sad that my picture won't turn around...ugh...me and technology some days. We had a nice spaghettin dinner with salad and rolls, which I forgot to take a picture of, but it was yummy. 

Then we had a table set up to display thing that the scouts have been working on! I love how much they have been doing, our leaders are so awesome!
Here's the boys doing a cute little skit with letters
It spells out blue and Gold... I just noticed that Andrew is the smallest there...but he sure packs a lot of punch!
The three wolves..Asher, Andrew, and Joey... they recieved their geography belt loop and pin. They worked hard on this and learned a lot about lattitude, longitude, and maps in general. Way to go boys!
watching from the sidelines.
Picture of our set up.
The other side!
the wolves activity was a pinata! They loved this and had a ball!
batter....swing!
All in all I think it was a nice celebration.. I have to add that I love our ward... afterwards instead of spending hours cleaning up, everyone pitched in and helped take down, instead of just taking off. It litterally took less than an hour and we were all gone home. What a nice evening.









No comments:
Post a Comment