Yay! Every so often mom finds a few days in the month that are free and she tries to better herself... Mom, being me.. I have been loving learning how to really decorate cakes and cookies. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting better. Anyway, this time I took a fondant and gumpaste class. It was awesome! I learned how to make some cool stuff and just use fondant and gumpaste in general. Sometimes it makes life a little crazy, but I find when I have purpose life is a little more fun and I have more motivation as well. :) Here is my first project - a bow. :)

Then we learned to make some different flowers. Here are the carnations, roses, and calla lillies (which are super easy!) Not pictured, we also learned to make mums, and daisies, oh, and leaves.
Then for our final class, we learned how to cover a cake and had to decorate the cake as our final project. It could be whatever we wanted. Well, since I had the Blue and Gold banquet the day after my class and I was in charge of decorations I decided to use my cake as decorations for the tables. In fact all the tables had treats on them as decorations. It was fun and I think the cake turned out great for my first time using fondant. My teacher thought it was awesome! :)
I still have two more 'official' wilton classes I can take and my teacher has recently quit teaching at Joann's and teachers some alternative, more advance classes at her house, so I'm excited to maybe take some of those in the future. :) Also, I need to start taking some pde classes so that I can renew my teaching liscense by next summer (2013.) Guess I'm off to learn! :)
1 comment:
As if you weren't already a talented cake decorator! You did an amazing job. You should start a cake decorating biz. :)
Post a Comment