Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Big Day!

Saturday, September 3, 2011 - will be a day that Andrew will always remember...it was the day he was baptized!  All day long he kept asking, "Mom, how much longer until we go to the church?"  I think he was a little bit excited!  Andrew was baptized by his dad Jeffrey.  In our church we baptize by immersion which means full under water. Here is Andrew and his dad all dressed in white ready to start!  I must say they look mighty handsome!
I really can't believe that Andrew is old enough to get baptized!  He is such a great boy!  We were happy to share the day with him! 
We even had lots of family and friends come and share the occasion with us! Even my dad's mom was able to make it!  We loved having so many share this with us and it was great to see everyone!

Family!

After the baptism, we headed home for dinner and visiting.  CTR was the theme..since CTR means Choose the Right...and since andrew was baptized we thought it was appropriate!

The spread and cake...

But the most important thing about this day ...was this boy! Here his is with his brand new scriptures!  He was so excited and thankful about how many people came and the notes and gifts he received as well.

And mostly as he said "mom, now I'm baptized and a member of the church!, It was such a great day!"

Thanks!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What an adorable picture of him! I love that he was so excited. The spread looked amazing - no surprise there. You are amazing, too! So glad it was a wonderful experience for everyone. :)