Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And the rains came tumbling down...

"The rains came down and the floods came up...." a primary song from my youth was on my mind this morning as we had a downpour of rain.  I love the rain and I'm sure I've written about it before.  We never get rain like this..usually it only lasts for a couple of minutes and then we're done for the day, but not this morning.  I was contiplating walking to school this morning and ten minutes later the weather and my children decided for me, that NO we were not walking today.  I couldn't believe how flooded it was just to get to the school....it took us 25 almost 30 minutes and it's not that far!  there was a line to the school and teachers helping the kids get from the cars to the doors...what a drenching experience...I had to pull out all the jackets!  It was quite the exciting weather morning! After I dropped the kids off at school I came home and took these pictures of our new pool/backyard...:)  I think it was the worst I've seen it in the 8 years we've lived here.  Ah, but the temperatures are cooler (although a bit muggy) and I love the smell and sounds.  Bring on the rain! :)
to the left

to the right

straight out the backdoor! :) Crazy!

No comments: