Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rounding out the year...a mini-staycation..


For Christmas this year I decided to give Jeff a mini-vacation...a night away from home..dinner and a movie at a nice hotel.  My mom watched the kids and off we went...the next week..just for a night...but it was really nice and relaxing. We stayed at the Sunset station..not far from our house, since Jeff had to work later the next day. We had dinner at Hooters...they have great chicken wings (although I still think my mom's is better.)
Here is a picture of me taking a picture of our room, while Jeff checked out the digs. 
This was the view from our room.. We were on the 16th floor...I thought that was kind of cool..you can see our van if you look real close. 
 
After dinner we went and saw a movie...Harry Potter number 7 - I'd been wanting to see it for a long time and Jeff went along with that - he liked it too.  It was nice to have a quiet night with no kids...and made me excited to see them again.  Then next morning we were lazy and slept in and then got a little breakfast before checking out and Jeff heading to work.  The only downside of the whole thing was that the sickness that had been plaguing the rest of the family for the last few weeks, finally caught up with me and I felt miserable...but I was determined to have fun anyway...and I did.  (and I think Jeff did too.)

No comments: