Friday, April 4, 2008

Laundry, taxes, classes, and life

It's nearing the end of crazy week one! Last week our washer was broken and I spent a whole day doing laundry at my mom's house across town - I haven't done that much laundry in one sitting ever! But I got it done and Monday they were able to get my washer fixed. It's amazing the things you remember to be thankful for after they break down. Especially since it seemed that during the week it was broken more things were spilt, messes made, and peed on than any other week.
Saturday we finally got our taxes done - I usually like this since we usually get money back! (I'm sure with the to do list we have it's half gone already!)
Sunday Eric decided not to like being in nursery - I was so excited after his first week that he did so well, false hope - well hopefully he'll quickly aclimate. (sp?) THis week I've had classes three of the five days. The classes aren't bad - I think the hardest part for me is scheduling babysitting for the overlap when I have to go to class and when Jeff gets home. Thanks to everyone who's helped on this accord. I also went to my friends school today and did some reading assesments for the class that finishes next week. After that's done I'll be 4 classes down 2 to go! :) I'm almost there - I think Jefff will jump for joy when I'm done, since he's been home with the kids alone at night a lot. I am really enjoying learning though and would even take more if I could find some. :)
Life is good - I've even been able to sleep through the night the last few nights (owing to the fact that my children have been)- The kids and I keep busy during the day too. park, preschool, library, errands, ..... My kids are excited to play conference bingo! I'm excited to hear from our leaders - I always love the talks!
Well that's a little rambling for you. no pictures - I'm at my mom's - my computer is driving me nuts right now and not letting me blog or post comments. (when I get a hour or so free I'll try and figure that out!)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad your washer is fixed! Don't worry about Eric, Hannah did the same thing. She loved the 1st two weeks and then started crying. It only took her a couple more weeks and then she started to love going again. We haven't had any problems since!

Nay said...

Sorry you had a crazy week! At least you had your mom's washer and dryer to bail you out even though it wa a pain.

I think its great that you are taking classes. Even though its hard on the busy schedule its nice to use you brain in a different way sometimes.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wow! Busy week! I'm glad your washer is fixed! And I'm glad we live in a time where we have washers and dryers!!! I would have been an awful pioneer. Can you imagine with kids??

I'm glad you're having fun learning and getting a break!!

Meghan said...

I didn't even know you were taking classes. That's really cool.
The Easter pictures are so cute!
I finally joined the blogging world: megandherboys.blogspot.com

Brad said...

You are amazing women. I don't think I could do classes, house work, home disasters( I definitely think a broken washer classifies as a disaster), and be a mom. Keep it up and if you have any spare time :) how about you give me some pointers!

Cami said...

Becca, you rock! And you chose well. Jeff rocks!