Friday, April 18, 2008

Show and Tell

Andrew and Rachel had show and tell this week in their preschool class. We talked about how they should pick something out to take and show their class, Jeff and I made some suggestions on things that we thought might be special to them, that they'd want to share with their little friends. Like - one of the many projects we'd made together at home depot. Rachels dolls that she plays with all the time or the Turtles notepad that Andrew worked so hard to earn. No, nothing really meaning - Andrew picked his hot wheels watch that he got out of a cereal box (and never really uses or plays with), Rachel, picked up a book - one that my sister gave us and is written all over and was laying on the floor in the front room. They were both so excited to share - I really don't need to buy my children anymore toys - the things they like best are those old ones laying around that I don't thinkg they care about! Go figure!

3 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Acadia is the same. I always wonder why she brings here happy meal toys or her favorite rock of the day. Isn't it funny what they "treasure" at any given moment.

Cami said...

Aren't kids funny...

Lisa said...

My boys loved to play with boxes and Hannah loves to collect rocks in the front yard :)