Saturday, April 26, 2008

I guess it was bound to happen sometime....

Rachel loves scissors. Always has. She loves to cut up old magazines and anything else mom lets her cut. Usually she does really well and follows moms directions, however this week she didn't. I thought she was outside with Jeff and the boys who were working on the yard, while I was working inside. Then I heard a noise- I went to check it out and to my surprise Rachel had found the hair cutting scissors and proceded to trim her bangs. yikes! - it could have been worse, much worse, as it is I think I'll wait a few weeks to get those pictures done that I was planning on doing next week. As for the scissors, they've been moved and Rachel has been grounded from scissor use for at least a week. :)

10 comments:

Mandy Waters said...

Wow!!!-That's never happened to our family yet! I've given the boys so many bad hair cuts- it just looks like it's happened. Just ask my sister Kristine. She's had a good laugh at a few of them.

The Wynn Family said...

OH NO! I have to say I am so glad my kids haven't tried that one yet. I friend of mine had her hair in a ponytail when she was little and her brother took the scissors and cut it off. Yeah not pretty.

Sarah Sidwell said...

I saw her in nusery and didn't even notice. Glad you caught her in time. :)

Cami said...

You have to take a bigger pic to really show us.
Anyway, I am sorry. I'm dreading the day, though I don't think Ella would cut hers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bryce cut both his and hers.

Kristine said...

I know this day isn't too far away here. Curtis loves to use scissors and Alessia is into everything, so it is just a waiting game to see who will do it first.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

:) EVERY little girl has to have a go at cutting her bangs!!! I remember cutting mine-and then hiding the hair and the scissors. I guess I thought my mom wouldn't notice the big gaping hole I put in the middle of my bangs. :)

Nay said...

This is so funny, I did it, my sister did it really bad, my kids did it (some more that once), its like a right of passage or something. Bound to happen sooner or later!

Lisa said...

My sisters cut each others hair when they were little too (yeah, they hid the hair and scissors too). My sister's bangs were SHORT. Luckly hair grows... but Rachel is so cute, I don't think it matters what her hair looks like anyway :)

Meghan said...

She's still too cute!

Bridget said...

I cut mine with pinking shears when I was about 3. I remember that I wanted my bangs to go up and down, just like the cut of the pinking shears! It didn't work and I was sad!