
The kids and I made these Pumpkins on Friday. I found the idea (a simple one that the kids could help with) in FamilyFun magazine. (It's the only one I subscribe to. - I love the ideas in it.) I love autumn and am so excited it is almost here! The weather finally cools off and I feel like living again. Summers here are too hot to move! (unless you do it at 5 in the morning or in the water!) We put up our fall decorations on Friday too. ANdrew loves to help mom decorate - his favorite is CHristmas - the tree. "mom, can we put up the christmas tree? " (He askes all year long." Not until December! It was a fun afternoon.

Eric is turning one this week and well has long outgrown his infant carseat I'm sure, but we finally got around to switching him to his bigger one. Andrew got a new big boy booster and Eric got his old seat (which is only a couple of years old. Jeff took it apart and cleaned it out so it is like new for it's new owner. Eric (and all the kids) love to watch everything dad does. It's so interesting! Jeff wonders why it takes him forever to get anything done - but he teaches as he does anything and always lets them be involved - He's inspires me to be better about that too. Yesterday we put it in the car and Eric rode in in for the first time! I always love to watch their faces as they see the world from a new point of view for the first time.
halloween is around the corner - tomorrow if Andrew has his way. This picture is from last year. Andrew has been planning what he is going to be for months. A robot - that is until last Thursday when he changed his mind. "mom, instead of being a robot for halloween can I be a super reader?" (it's a new pbs show) He has it all planned out - He wants to be the one with the green cape (don't know the name) and Rachel can be the spelling princess, daddy can be alphapig, and mom can be word girl. Now a friend of mine told me that she never makes/buys halloween costumes until the week of because ideas change so - we'll see if this one sticks and I'll wait until at least next month to make costumes. :) (ah - gone are the simple days when we got to pick his costume ourselves!)
1 comment:
I love the pumpkins! You are so creative. I will have to get the directions-- my kids would enjoy it. And good luck on the costume front.
Post a Comment