Tuesday, September 25, 2007

little gentlemen

My boys! They are the best! (I may be a little biased!) But I love em! Andrew was so cute today. As we are walking to the Rec center where he has a preschool class, he runs up to open the door. (I've been trying to teach him to open and hold doors open for others.) He opens the first one, holds it while we go through and then opens the second set. I said "what a gentleman you are getting to be." Then we talked for a minute about how gentlemen always open doors for ladies and other people. He then got real excited. "MOm, I'm a gentleman!!" As we left after his class he ran to the door again, only this time as he opened it saying "I open the doors mom, cuz I'm a gentleman" I thought it was too cute. - let's just hope that he's still excited to be a gentleman for years to come!

Eric has started trying to verbally communicate. (by grunts that is.) uhh, or ummph. I'm supposed to know what it all means. He seems to think I do. (Mostly I can kind of tell what he wants, but it's funny to watch his first atempts at it.) Also - (and I think this is the coolest) - lately when he's poopy, he comes and finds me, reaches for my hand and then leads me to his room. I guess that's his way of saying "change me!" Maybe he'll be easier to potty train.... I can only hope.

No comments: