Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rachel-isms

I love that period of time when children are learning to talk and they say the cutest/funniest things. Most of these are because what you hear and what they are saying are in actuallity two different things. I noticed many of these today as I listened to Rachel talk. Not that she doesn't have a great vocabulary -she is constantly surprising me with new words. On the way home from the library she tells Jeff "check it out- my princess book" (she found this book all by herself. At first I thought how cute - "check it out!" that's a good phrase - then Jeff figured out she was saying - she'd checked out her princess book (from the library- duh that makes sense.:)

Then I was washing dishes - she wanted to help and proceded to rinse a clean spatula under the water. "mom - I wash special one" (that's what I heard at first, I thought - how cute, but really after listening a few - oh ten more times it finally dawns on me that she is trying to say spatula!) Maybe I just need to be a better listener! :)
- "cqueeze it mom" - she wanted me to squeeze the little fishy that squirts water. And well this one is just her favorite phrase that I hear oh- 10000000 times a day (I may be exagerating a little) "I do it..." I know mom, she's just like me! :) (I'm okay with that!)
This is my Aunt Shari and the kids - she came to visit us about 2 weeks ago, and my kids (me too.) loved having her around. She brought them each a bag of goodies that they carried around for a week and they have to drink with their cars and princess cups at meal time. "mom, I need my cup!" :) Apparently no other cup will do!

1 comment:

Molenir said...

Hey, where is Shari living these days anyway? I haven't seen her in years. Last I remember, she was still living here in the Phoenix area.