It was my family's year for Thanksgiving this year, and mom went to Alaska, soooo we had a small Thanksgiving at our house with Marc and Michelle and Joel. We invited Ellyn and Mickey and Jes and Kyle as well, but they didn't come. We had a great time. I did the turkey this year and it turned out great. I'm always a little nervous because I don't do it very often. We stuffed ourselves and then played settlers of Cataan for awhile. Nice and relaxing and fun.
I'm grateful for my family this year!
I'm grateful for my family this year!
I love Joel's Hat.. He looks great! He didn't stay the whole time as he had plans with his girlfriend as well, but I'm so glad he came and spent some time with us.
He even brought us a pie.. yummy!!
I had the opportunity to learn how to knit while I've been taking a long term sub job. I'm not very good, but it's fun to learn.. I've gotten to sub for Mrs. Vazquez for the last little bit.
Somehow I'm sneaking in their school pictures this year. I didn't buy them, but they sure are cute boys.
This cute boy found these fun friends at a yard sale (and after I washed them) he has played with them non-stop.
Now, you might be wondering why Eric is in a wheelchair or on crutches.... well. We decided to go rollerskating as a family one night and he fell funny. At first I thought he pulled something, or bruised something. We put ice on it immediately and it swelled up a lot the first night. By the next day and after keeping it elevated and iced, it was still in a lot of pain, we headed to the Urgent care. It was broken. I was a little surprised, but it was a small evulsion fraction.. I can't remember then exact name of the break, but we have to go see the leg doctor asap. For the first few days until we get in to see him, they put a splint on his leg/foot. It was so cool. it was this fiberglass type material that as it was exposed to air turned hard. So it started out soft like a pillow and conforms to his leg and then is hard so it won't move. It was so awesome.. not the breaking of the leg, but learning about new things.
So after seeing the foot/leg doctor he said off the foot for at least 4 weeks, more like 6. He didn't have to have a cast, but a foot splint. Poor guy has to sit out from p.e., and recess for the whole time. After Christmas break he should be fine, but at least it's cool out. We were able to borrow a pair of child's crutches from Sis. Green in the ward and I made some covering for them so they looked a little bit better. He's getting good at getting around,, but it sure tires him out. He's such a trouper though.
Eric's friend Maclyn brought him some treats and a get well balloon. How sweet. Friends are the best!























No comments:
Post a Comment