Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pinewood derby

Ah. That time of year again. The pine wood derby. That event that has been in our lives for about four years now and will remin for another 5 I'm sure.  That exciting time of year that Jeff and son ( this year Eric) plan and craft a car.  And then I do cars with the siblings.  Jeff takes the building pretty seriously. I think it always turns out great.  We have done great competition in this ward too. Lots of great builders and crafters. Vt his year was no different.  The race is fun and they all enjoy it. Eric did great and came in 5th over all.  Not too shabby.
Here's the final tally.
Bryant and I building his awesome truck.



Pretty cool.
And helping me make something else unrelated. :).
Sis clausen made this amazing cake!  Talk about awesome!
And they are off.

Eric telling about his car.
Rachel telling about hers.

Bryant was the funniest.

Starting his race. Watching outcome.
Eric with his certificate!

All our terrific cubs. 



Bryant won award for most realistic. 

Andrew won one for something too.
It was a great time over all.
Til next year! 

No comments: