Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter picture overload :)


Ah, Easter!  Colored eggs and hunts!  We had a fun filled Saturday before Easter - Easter itself we remember the reason we celebrate - Christ's resurrection  - but we'll get to that in a minute.  First, the eggs and the hunt!
They love coloring easter eggs- I have to have at least four dozen so everyone has plenty to dye.

serious business- making a tye-dyed egg.

I got this mom

Waiting patiently

"What color should I use next?"

"it's for dad!"

Daddy helping Bryant

Got to write the name in crayon before you dye it so it will show up.
I'm just making sure it's still there mom....is it done yet?

What do you think?

Colorful eggs





And let the hunt begin
 See the eggs- sometimes the ones in plain site are the hardest to find.  We hid eggs for a few hours..
We started out in our front yard, but then the kids kept trying to sneak a peek, so we asked frank and toni if we could use their back yard.  I think they were excited that we asked.  Toni watched to kids hide and seek them. 

And they are off.

find an egg, pick it up, all day long you'll have.....devilled eggs?

such determination

looking
searching

where to look ?

I found one..

Did we get them all?
This is fun


I found the coveted 'Mario' egg.

a tisket, a tasket, a non green and yellow basket

did you get the picture mom?

Round 5?

In the well worn plastic cacti

my turn to hid them.

or of erics

finding, finding, finding

and Go!




Where is that last egg?


It's mine

No, mine!

For Easter Rachel wanted to read and make some easter cookies.  We went through each ingredient and the scripture that went with it and what they meant.  Then, we mixed and put the cookies in the oven for the next morning.  It was a great lesson, and even better that Rachel was the one to want to do it with her family.  :)  Thanks to activity days leaders! :)
Happy Easter to all!

No comments: