Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peek a boo and a moo moo moo!

This year I trade my Wednesday mornings with another friend.  Every other Wednesday I go into Rachel's class to volunteer my time, while Jessica watches my two rug rats, and then the other week I watch her kiddos while she goes into the classroom.  It works out well and is a fun little switcharoo.. and I'm grateful to be able to be in Rachel's class occasionally.  This picture is all four of the sillies playing peek a boo in one of the big boxes we had from when our friends gave us a new couch and cushions. Boxes...best toys ever! :)

Feb. 9th - Rachel was able to go on her first field trip ever and ride on the bus for the first time ever.  They went to the Anderson Dairy.  I was lucky enough to be able to go as a chaperone with her.  It was fun, and I had never been there before either. Here are all the kids lined up waiting to go on their tour.
Racel and her friend Margot.
Look at all those first graders!
I forget the cows name, but she was our guide...it was a cute animated tour. :)
Here she is talking to all the children. Teaching them about the dairy and how long its been there, and the changes that were made over the years.
There's Rachel-roo up front paying close attention.
Here's a worker putting milk in cartons!
The gallon cartons get to ride a roller coaster...fun for them.
The tour did seem a little rushed, by our human guide, but the kids loved it!
Some more animated animals, these penguins are among the ice cream.
It's really cute.
And the kids favorite part?  Well - the big scoop of ice cream they got at the end of the tour! Free ice cream- yum, yum!
Rachel loved the whole thing and was excited to go, but of course...you ask her and she says the ice cream was the best part!~ ;)

MOO to you!

No comments: