Life just seems busy right now. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged in awhile, but I really need to - just to take some moments to record our little family history. It's a good busy, we just move from one activity to the next, like church, and scouts, and piano lessons, and homework (that one is never ending! - but a necessary evil!) And then there is friends, and family events, and goals to work on, and then home repairs and taxes, and of course you can't forget the never ending (plain old evil - haha) laundry and dishes.... my nemisis. My goal this year for my self and my little family is to try and be more healthy. Now I say that as my son is coughing and I have been getting over a cold myself. But I mean that we are trying to eat better and get a little more exersize and on the spiritual side we are trying to read scriptures every night as well.. and I'm trying to remember to say my personal prayers more. I used to be better at that, then little kids started interupting or needing attention and they got it, but a sister in church (Sis. Stevens) gave a talk that really touched me about how we should expect our prayers to be answered (after all it does promise this in the scriptures) and I've tried to renew my efforts. I can honestly say that, yes he does answer our prayers - all of them and for that I am so grateful.. They may not always be the answer I wanted, but always the answer I need if I will listen and ask.
Primary keeps me busy, again a good busy. I love my calling and the People I get to work with. Especially the kids - they are amazing and inspiring. I already have 2 huge ctr cookies to make for kids that have passed off their articles of faith! Last week, I had a respite from teaching sharing time, only to be asked to lead the music in sacrament meeting - which was fine for me, Jeff probably didn't like it too much though having all the kids to himself. The kids do better in sacrament meeting now that they are getting bigger and it's a little easier to listen too. I was also asked to go talk to the young women about having joy in our divine potential. I hope I said what needed to be said, I still feel like I didn't talk enough about how much I love being a wife and mother. The time I get to spend with my kids is awesome and I don't like to waste it. I know that they are going to grow up way to fast, and I pray that they will grow into good people, but for now I am just trying to savor the moments and cuddle them as much as I can. I love spending time with Jeff too, it's amazing how love can change over the years - and only get stronger. I'm grateful for the decisions I made that lead me to where I am now.
I got to see my best friend Amber's brand new baby yesterday. This is her sixth and last she says. It was a girl and she named it Krystal Melody Graham. Another thing I am sooo grateful for is good friends in this life. Amber has been my friend since high school, and we are still close. I have friends in the ward that I lean on for support that are always there, and some that have moved away, but I hold close to my heart and amazingly everytime I see, it's like you never were apart. Those friends are precious and a gift. and the best part is, my friends help me be a better person. Good friends are like that and soooo important to have. I am so grateful for the people around me that inspire me to be better. Thank you.
Okay, well I've rambled enough - this sounds like a testimony almost, but just thoughts that have been on my mind lately - kind of a stream of consciousness. I'll post another - with pictures and stuff we've been up to. I need to try and write at least once a week, just for posterity sake. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment