Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumkin patch and stuff

So much fun stuff to write about, and catch up about... now I must tell you that part of the reason I am soooo far behind is because I was sick with bronchitis for better part of October and some of November and still now as we speak there is a cough that will leave my breathless occasionally in the middle of the night making it hard to get a good night sleep....but that is not the part I want to tell about, what I want to share is the blessings that have come during this trying time (for me at least)..as I have been frustrated with my health, little tender mercies kept appearing day after day and I cannot let that go unnoticed or unthanked.   Friends brought food, watched my kids, offered to watch my kids, and then the amazing little blessing heavenly father sent- about 2 years ago, Eric jumped on a friends glass table top (coffee table) and shattered it.  I have been saving money to replace it since it happened whenever they found one (really I don't know that they ever would have taken the money, but I had it and it was on my mind.) well as I was driving home from doing some scout work I noticed a piece of glass on the side of the road someone had left out for the trash the next day.  I flipped the car around and went to examine it.... not only was the piece perfect - it was just the right size!~  I rushed over to my friends to show it to her- she couldn't believe it either...but it fit better than even the original did! and now that money can go to my fix the bathroom fund!  What a blessing it was (those things can cost upwards of 2-3 hundred dollars....Anyway... I feel blessed - everyday I feel blessed to have so much in my life!
Here is a picture I recieved from Andrew's Den leader - They went on a hike to the wetlands and had a ball.  Andrew at one point fell in some water (because we'd had so much rain) and got right back up and didn't complain at all...said it was part of the adventure...(this story was told to me by Sis. Riggin and Sis. Johnson)  I was so proud of the way he handled himself.  His leaders were so impressed since they had had boys before that would have as they said "flipped" out at something like that happening.  Go Andrew!  He is doing so well and loves to go to scouts every week!

Here's our little family just having some fun messing around time...painting on the sidewalk...don't worry it's washable.

They were having lots of fun.

I love how into it Bryant is, and he listens and watches soooo well.

Eric being careful at his turn...

Now this is exciting...Rachel wanted to take off her training wheels and see if she could ride her bike by herself.. and she did it! she does such a great job now! She still has a little trouble starting herself, but she can stop and ride like the wind.

There she is taking off way down the street - and that is Bryant with his helmet and skateboard following after her!
We've spent some time with friends...this is just one picture of Eric and his buddy Zack.  I'm so glad they like each other so much...since his mom is my best friend too. :) This is at Mcdonalds after a trip to Bounce u.

Bryant has finally quit mooching off Jeff and I and found his own job...he's quite good...:) I wish - no, this is visiting jeff's work...bryant says 'coputer'  He's so dang funny.

and finally here are our picktures from the Pumpkin patch...we usually go every year (usually Monday night for FHE)  and let the kids ride the rides, and play the games (we never buy pumpkins there though...they are mighty expensive compared to the ones we got at lowes for $.74 each - $22 or $.74...no brainer there)  This year though I also took the little boys during the day with some friends and they had a deal, 1 hour ride all the rides as many times as you want and get a bottle water, a small pumpkin, and a coloring book for $5 - awesome.  - We had lots of fun both times.  And p.s. the pictures are a bit mixed up.

'mom' umkin...

Bryant is Brave....I seriously have to drag all the other kids onto rides, but Bryant LOVES them.
With some friends playing on the pumpkins
Rachel has also become brave this year....much braver than last - she wanted to go on all the rides!
Bryant and Nathan- neither one would look at me.
Nathan, Rachel, Bryant, Eric, and Zack

A pretty little cutie.

Look - it's are farm fun family and farmer Andrew... who was having such a great attitude- not! ( I swear sometimes he is already training to be a teenager.)
Bounce house fun!

Seriously could not believe that Bryant went on all these rides!  he was so awesome!
Watching Rachel on the rides...again...Andrew is SO happy...hehehe

Brave girl Rachel and friend Ben loving the rides.

Posing for the camera.

Andrew finally Happy after winning the boomerang at the games....

Trying for a group shot,  didn't work to well, no one cooperating and camera acting wierd.

This one turned out super cute...she's getting soooo big!

And king of the mountain...again after winning boomerang...

checking out the pumpkins

our farm friends during the day with farmer bryant

Bryant riding with little Rachel...having the time of his life!

2 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Fun Fall times! Hope you get completely over your bronchitis soon!

Lisa said...

What blessings! Hannah loved the pumpkin patch too :)