Monday, November 21, 2011

It's signing time! :)

Another fun thing we did back in October was attend a show for the kids, 'Signing Time'  If you have never seen the show it is on PBS here in Nevada..it is a show that teaches sign language through music.  There is a really neat background story to how the show came to be.. you can go to the website to read it - http://www.signingtime.com/  .   Anyway Rachel (she is the mom) and Leah and Lucy (her daugthers) came and did a signing time show here in Henderson.  The tickets were only $5 and since the kids have loved the show since they were really little I said I would take them.  Andrew didn't want to go, but Rachel and Eric Loved it!.  I thought it was awesome too.  Since my kids watched the show, naturally I know the songs pretty well myself.   Leah in the show is young and she is now a big teenager.  They were fun to watch and we even got to meet them and have a picture taken with them.  Here are my enthralled children and their friends:
Rachel singing and signing her songs.

With her daughter Leah (who is deaf.)

They pulled some of the kids from the audience to come sign with them too.  Our friend Allie got to go up and sign too.   She is right next to Rachel.

Here is our crew..with their crew.

signing autographs..

it was a fun night out and neat to meet the people we've been watching all these years.

No comments: