Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Eric's birthday adventures

 Eric's birthday was on the 19th, a Sunday this year so we decided to celebrate at the third Sunday dinner at Grandma Woolfenden's house.  We had lots of fun and lots of company!  Eric and all the other kids (brother, sister's, cousin's etc. ) had a ball too! Bryant is enjoying the light sabor here as we get ready to open presents!

He shares a birthday month with my sister Ellyn (Aunt Ellyn she is lovingly referred to)  So  Eric shared his party with her as well.  I made the cakes and made her a DS cake - if you know her, you know how fitting it is. :)  Ellyn turned 16 this year - watch out!

Here's one I caught of her smiling - she's got a gorgeous smile - I think she liked our present - yay! Opening Ellyn's presents.

Eric is in love with Toy story this year - I mean in love by we watch it at least once a day -- I may be getting a little tired of it.  But he's in toy story heaven.Most of the stuff he got for his birthday was toy story..  even a halloween costume - Buzz - which he's been living in! ;)

 a cool motorcycle he has loved as well.

More presents.

Opening , opening, opening.  Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us! :)Watching the opening....

A buzz t-shirt! :)

The Toy Story Cake! Andy's room complete with toys!

Rex, sketch, army man, buzz, woody, Hamm, Mr. Pottato head.  Eric loved it!

Monday night we went out to dinner (a family tradition for birthdays....Eric chose Red Robin...) He chose Corn dog and fries to eat.  yummy.

Their favorite part is when they get sung to by the waiters. - not to mention the ice cream sundae... :)

Looking lovingly at his sundae... which he shared with everyone.

Finally, on Thursday we went to the  park for our weekly playgroup and had a joint b-day bash with his buddy Jordan whose birthday  is two days after his.   Jordan is also loving buzz lightyear lately so it was a Buzz bash!

The duo, loving their cupcakes and laughing away - they kept telling each other Happy Birthday, excited that it was all for them!

A close up of the cupcakes..

and the toppers.

playing with playdough and having some juice boxs.

Bryant enjoying the bubbles!

Jordan's mom did the games, while I did the food.  She did such an awesome job ...fun names for all the fun games...

The biggest hit of them all - digging for moon rocks - Bryant came home covered in sand... So much fun!

The duo blowing their noise makers and eating popcorn.

Do they look like their having fun?

Sining happy birthday! Can't believe you are four already! We love everything about you!
Some fun facts about Eric:
He has the most awesome Curly red hair (which at the moment needs to be cut, badly)
He is helpful to mom
He loves playing with his little brother Bryant and his big sister Rachel.
loves to sneak into any snacks in the cupboard..
loves to climb, tumble, jump
loves to watch toy story
taking a preschool prep class and a tumbling class...loves them
Still working on potty training...we are going to get this one day!
loved and adored by his mom and dad

2 comments:

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

too cute... you do such an awesome job on the cakes what the heck...I am just a little baffled at how great the cupcakes and cakes looked! I smell talent! Gosh and look at those curls on Eric...I can tel you are missing me...I miss you too...Your kiddos are getting so tall...Addy is turning 4 on Sunday...this is going to fast...

Stephanie said...

Looks like he had a wonderful birthday. What cute cakes, too! :)