Thursday, April 1, 2010

Feeding the ducks, playing with the camera, and valley of fire.

We've been spending a lot of time outside lately - the weather has been soooo nice! I love it in the spring and fall here - even the winter isn't too bad, but the summers - that's when I'm not much of a happy camper - I don't like being so hot. but I digresss.  Don't know why this first picture turned back on it's side, but oh well - it makes for creative viewing. :)  We had a bunch of left over bread, and instead of just tossing it, I decided to make it a day with the ducks. We packed a lunch and headed to Sunset park.  The kids loved it.  I had fun playing with my camera trying to get some different shots. A few came out okay. I'm definately no photographer, as long as I have pics of my kids thats all I need.  Rachel and her bread, she picked off the smallest pieces to feed the ducks, in contrast to Eric who threw in half a piece of bread everytime.Bryant loves oranges - he'll suck on it till it starts breaking apart, then I take it back and give him another. :)How did they get so big? They really are great kids though!My big man Andrew - he's such a fun guy - always excited about everything!  Then last week we went up to the valley of fire for a day to visit Grandma Woolfenden and cousin Ethan (and family) who were camping.  We would have camped but we need to get a new tent - the one we have no longer fits all of us. We had a ball climbing all the rocks and playing in the red dirt! (I'm still finding red sand everywhere!) Here's the three with Ethan. Making sand angels - Andrew started this, but was done quicker than I could pull out the camera. around the campfire with grandma and dogs, getting ready for ymmy foil dinners! :)

No comments: