Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

A tribute to my mother....
My mom's birthday is today.  Let me tell you a little bit about her. Sallie Lynne was born April 11th in Corona, California.  She is 29 years old....again (which I can't figure out since I'm 35....but if she says it, then it's true.. :))  She is the mother of six, and grandmother of six.  She is currently substitute teaching early childhood.  She has always been good with little kids.  My children love her, they always want to see Grandma Woolfenden.  As a mom, she is and was always there for me, willing to help in any way.  She is a very compassionate person - always helping others.  I hope this is a trait I've learned from her.  My childhood was wonderful thanks to her (and dad).  I always felt safe at home, not just safe, but loved and wanted.  Mom made everything fun.  Never a holiday went by that we didn't do something to celebrate - I learned from her to make life fun.  Even the non- holidays she made special.  My mom loves the outdoors and loves to camp -something I also picked up from her. She is a positive person.  She loves the Lord and tries to do what he asks of her - I'm so grateful that from her and dad's testimonies I grew and gained my own.  A greater gift I could not have been given. Mom always knew when to let me have room and grow.  She never pushed but let me learn things on my own.  I don't know how she knew when to guide and when to let go - but she did.  She is an amazing mother. Mom loves chocolate, flowers, crafts, shopping, family, friends, and so much more.  I could not ask for a better mother - she is exactly what I need.  I hope I can be half the mother she is!  I love you mom! Happy Birthday - I hope this year brings great things for you. :)

1 comment:

Cami said...

Such a sweet tribute, Becca.

Hope you have been well and are surviving being a mother to four.
I couldn't do it.