Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Birthday Girl and the birthday week...

Well  - our sweet little girl turned five last week! It was quite the week too - more like a birthday week than a birthday day! We had a small cake for her with Jeff's family on the Sunday before (I can't find the pic.) then for her dance class below (it was princess dress up day) she wanted to bring a treat and make cupcake pops - which she saw me looking at on the web - bakerella.com Here is a view of how they turned out - and I must admit they were sooooo yummy! and a big hit! and best of all Rachel LOVED making them with me - it was fun!Then for her birthday dinner of choice, we headed to Red Robins - one of the kids favorites - you'll notice they are all watching something - that is the watiers singing to Rachel, they love this part and the kids ice cream.Here is us setting up for her first ever friends birthday party! She was so excited - asked me everyday if it was party day! She choose a tinkerbell theme - with fairy stuff.  We had a fairy race, planted spring flowers, and pinned the spot on the lady bug.  Rachel was in Heaven. She was most excited that her friends came and shared the day with her. Here's her cake, another she saw me looking at on the web (I forget where, and wanted me to duplicate.) I think it turned out pretty good. - even if I do say so myself. :)Then finally the sunday after we had a dinner and cake with my family.  phew! what a busy fun week - I must admit it tires one out, but I get to be creative too, and I love that! Happy Birthday our big girl Rachel-roo!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!

Those cake pops (and cake) turned out so good!! Great job!

Andersen Family said...

Great job on the cake!!! Looks like a fun party!

ChristopheRobyn said...

What a fun birthday! The cake and cupcake pops turned out super cute. You did a great job on them!