Thursday, July 17, 2008

Playing in the rain

It is now monsoon season in Las Vegas. I love the rain and frankly I just don't get enough of it here in this dry, dusty desert. I love the smell. I love the thunder- the sound of it makes me sooo excited that I'm like a little kid, counting the seconds until the next thunderclap hits. I love the lightning (as long as it's not too close. and I love the cool breeze that blows with the rain. Mostly it's the smell. I love the feel of rain on your face. One of my favorite memories from my youth is listening to the rain on the roof of my grandparents cabin. Well I've been able to have a little of my treasured rain this week, and my love of rain I believe is rubbing off on my children. We had a couple of short showers in the afternoons, and opened all the windows, opened the doors, and then (wanting to be even closer) went outside to play in the rain. I gathered up ANdrew and Rachel and excitedly we made footprints on the sidewalk, twirled, smelled, and just watched and felt the rain as it washed our street. It was amazing! rain, rain, don't go away, here is where we'd like to play!

3 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

My kids love the rain too. Every time it has rained this week we have run outside to get soaking wet!

Lisa said...

I love the rain too!! I miss it so much. I love when Hannah says "It smells like rain!"

Meghan said...

Come and visit us in MI. We have some serious rain storms here. :)