Thursday, July 10, 2008

our camping adventures...

Well first of all - I think I'm just cursed with this picture thing - today I'm at my mom's (swimming with the kids) and I remembered my camera ! yeah - only to find out that my mom has lost her thingy (I don't know what it is called) that you upload photos to the computer with! Alas no pictures again! - and I have sooooo many to show you! :( "this too shall pass" MaYBE NEXT TIME!
Camping was great! We left on Thursday afternoon, a little later than planned, I had been sick all Wednesday when I was planning on packing, and Jeff wasn't feeling well Thursday, so it took us a while to get started, but we made it to Pine Valley Thursday night about 6 p.m. and had just enough time to get the tent set up before it got too dark out. In fact we were the first ones there! (It was a family reunion) Jeff's sister and her family rolled in about 10:30 p.m. that night, just before I was about to dose off. (the kids already were nestled all cozy in their sleeping bags - even though it took a little bit for them to calm down - they were so excited to sleep in the tent.
Then next two days were filled with wonderful cool weather, pine trees, streams, hiking, swimming, lounging in our camp chairs, more hiking, visiting with family, playing survivor with family, and a little more hiking.w e even saw lots of deer - right in our camp sight! I love the mountains (having lived in Pinetop while growing up and spending my summers in greer at my great grandparents cabin) I was in my element! I think I could camp all summer if it meant staying out of the vegas heat! Andrew and Rachel never sat still - they were in paradise - following cousins around, building their fort or gate or whatever they called it! Andrew loved to cross the stream on the logs and we all had walking sticks thanks to Kyler the mountain man (my nephew). We even made a campfire and roasted 'smarshmellow's (as rachel says) Poor Jeff was a little miserable not feeling good, but he still enjoyed most of it. The kids slept like rocks and we did pretty good too. We even watched a movie fourth of july night outside on the side of the trailer - it was like the drive - in! cool! Fireworks were not allowed, being that the fire danger was extreme. We even went to church on Sunday in Pine valley.
It was wonderful and I can't wait to go again! Neither can Andrew - he cried when we left and then again when we got home, he wanted to go back to camp! All in all I'd say it was pretty successful, even with three kids (I have to credit family - they helped too!)

5 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Camping is so great. It is amazing how the kids can be so content with outdoors, dirt, and smores... well come to thing about I am content when I have those things too!

Mandy Waters said...

Where is this place? Do you have to make reservations in advance? I'm looking for a good camp place.

Lisa said...

I agree - I think I could camp all summer if it meant staying out of the vegas heat too :)

I can't wait till we can go camping too!

Meghan said...

Glad your trip went so well! Tyler really misses Andrew, but he is starting to make a few new friends and that has helped a little.

Bridget said...

Sounds like a great family trip, Becca! Glad that you all had fun.

Please change my blog link to: http://bridgetsaid.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Bridget