To kick the summer off right we decided to take a quick overnight trip to Mount Charleston to do some camping. The campground was a little more primitive than I was expecting and I learned a few things. I need to bring more water if the camp ground doesn't have running water, how to use the bathroom in the woods when there is no bathroom...and that it is great having no one else around.. so quiet. All there was was a place to pitch your tent... you pick, no pre-set spot... and just a ring of rocks where you should build your fire... if they are allowed then. We pitched our tent, cooked our dinner, played games, and enjoyed being out in nature and about 20 degrees cooler.. :) On Saturday we woke up and went and did some hiking and exploring for a little while until we ran out of water....
 |
| My hearts |
Our view from one of the hikes. We also checked out the new Mount Charleston Information center/nature center.. It was really nice.
 |
| Look mom, I found a rock :) |
 |
| Eric helped with breakfast |
Sleeping beauties....
night time antics...
jeff avoiding the camera as usual
 |
| selfies |
No comments:
Post a Comment