Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An exciting surprise / Eric wins

They had a contest at school last week.  Anyone who wanted to write an essay on how to stop bullying could have a chance at winning four tickets to a Carly Rae Jepson concert.  Rachel immediately wanted to enter, and of course Eric wanted to because Rachel was.  It was due Friday, we finished them Friday morning before school.  Family could help. and honestly if you asked me I don't remember exactly what they wrote.  Stuff about sharing and not leaving others out and that differences are good.  Be kind to everyone.  Stuff like that.  Done, turned in... forgot about - well by me anyway. 
There would be one winner per grade level.. Well, Rachel did Not win.  But Eric DID!  I couldn't believe it.  The Vice Principal, Mrs. Wright called me Monday Morning to make sure we could use the tickets, the concert is on Thursday.  Yes, we could.  Really?  I couldn't believe he won.  He must have inherited Jeff's luck!  What a big surprise.  So Rachel gets to go see her, because Eric loves Rachel and his first thought is Mom, I want to invite Rachel.  Then, mom and dad, and then maybe Andrew or Bryant.  :) 
Yay Eric!  Way to go bud!

No comments: