That's what it's all about right? Work and play. I like to work hard, and play hard too. I hope to teach my kids the same thing. You put in some hard work, do a job worth doing the first time (just like my dad taught me.) and then enjoy your time to play and relax. (doing good wholesome activities like hiking, biking, swimming, watching movies, creating things, etc. ) Sometime the kids like to play while the parents work.. Here's my cuties relaxing at home depot as Jeff and I are looking at home repair stuff. :)
Doesn't that look nice? :)
Along with the play, we have many, many, many, many projects that keep us very busy working. One project I had over the summer was to rearrange all the kids rooms so that Eric and Bryant were together and Bryant had a big boy bed. That meant that Andrew would have his own room as would Rachel, but that meant I would have to clean out the extra room/crap room as we lovingly called it. (the one with all the crap in it....:) So it literally took me all summer to do so. Then I was looking at yard sales for an extra dresser - since I would need another one. I found instead a whole bedroom set -beautiful and looked brand new- for $100. That was all the incentive I needed to get it done! So the next week, Rachel picked out the paint for her room - Pixie dust - so perfect for her. A very lite pink. And then we painted that room. Rachel did a lot of it herself! and We had a little help from a great friend Mollie. :)
I love having projects to work on together. :)
Before and then after:
The finished room with the lovely bedroom set! We love it! :) We still have stuff to hang up and bring in, but you see it here before it gets a little cluttered. :)
I love to see them working on their own stuff.. taking ownership for what they accomplish. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment