Friday, November 30, 2012

Classes

Okay, so I want to mention some classes I've taken over the last few months.  Again, I am finding myself at that five year mark to renew my teaching liscence.  You never know when you might need it, hence I want to keep it current.  I have six credits that I have to take to renew.  I have finished four classes as of now.. just two more to go.  The first one I took was sooo awesome.  It was all around the Nevada reading conference - I had to go to different author meetings and even got to meet some great ones! I loved it!  This first one was called 'smart girls kick it."  They were the kick off to the conference. 
At the conference, I got to meet Veronica Roth and have her sign a book for me.  If you haven't read her stuff she has written a trilogy called Divergent, Insurgent, and (?)  Third one isn't out yet.  They are dystopian novels, if you like those type. 

The next one was at the old Mormon fort and had a woman who talked about Helen J. Stewart.  I forget her name without looking it up. (and I'm too lazy to do that right now.)  :)  it was very interesting to hear about her life.



 This is a statue of Helen.  She was a great pioneering woman here in Las Vegas.
We also had this one out at the Gilcrease Orchards.  It was a great time and I took the kids with me.  We had to go for two hours and it happened that the authors were there after I left.  But they had a really cool haymaze that the kids played on forever and painting, and kids activities and yummy apple fritter donut things!  It was a fun little morning. 
 

Then I got to see another author I love - Brandon Mull.  He writes the Fablehaven series which is reallygood.  (I like that genre too.)



Then, I met another one of my very favorite children't authors - and one of my kid's favorites!  David Shannon.  He writes the NO David!  books.  I even bought and had him sign a book for Eric for Christmas.  I was so excited about it.  He really was a nice guy too.
 
As I am taking my classes at night, my little guys are also taking some fun little classes during the day (mostly on Monday)  Bryant is taking a fun little tumbling class that he absolutely loves!
Here he is sitting on his spot in class before it starts!

Eric is taking a little math class  and soon he will take a sight words class too.  His teacher ms. Joyce is great and it's good for him to have a little extra help with some stuff as he struggles a little more than the other kids did with learning.  He never gives up though and works so hard and has so much fun and loves life! He is so awesome!  This is a picture of his little class at his Halloween party.  They had so much fun.!


Eric was the one behind the mask.  Mario! :)





No comments: