Wednesday, May 11, 2011

spring break 2011

Spring Break this year started off pretty good.  We didn't go anywhere, mostly because Jeff didn't have the days off, and I didn't know where to go, so I tried to plan some fun around home.  First thing the kids wanted to do was to build a fort- a giant, whole room fortress, that they could sleep in over vacation...and so we did.  And they did ..sleep there at least for 2 nights until the fort was damaged and had to be repaired.
Rachel rooni liking her lovely fort.

Even Bryant getting in on the fun....although he didn't sleep in it.

Andrew smiling for the camera.

Monday, Eric still had preschool and tumbling classes, so we took him to those and afterward met up with some friends for lunch and a playdate at Hemingway Park in Boulder City.  This is a really great park that sometimes you can see the Big Horn sheep come down and graze.  We didn't get to see any that day, but I have seen them in the past.  The park is great though with a view of Lake Mead and nice green grass and plenty of things to play on.  The kids had a blast, I think the favorite activity being the merry-go-round. 

and we mustn't forget the swings....

And of course the lunch.. we even had chips...which is a special occasion food around here.



The lovely view of the Lake.


Bryant Sharing (ir stealing) a snack  with a friend. :)

That night I was itching to do some bbq - so I convinced everyone to head to our neighborhood park for FHE and dinner or hambergers.  It took a little bit to get our charcoal going since it was quite windy, but it was a fun night and yummy eats. :)

Tuesday, we ran some errands, and I took the kids to the movies to see 'RIO'  it was a cute kids flick and the kids were very well behaved.  Then Rachel had a checkup at the dr.'s office...Come to find out she has strep throat again...yuck...back on the antibiotics...thank heaven for those! Bryant is at least amused.

Wednesday, Eric had class again and we took the van in for an oil change...and found out that our water pump had a leak....They said best to bring it in in the morning and it would take a couple of hours.  So that was what I did - 7 am...only I waited until 4 pm. before they said it was done....I was not a happy camper...I had planned to take the kids to Red Rock or something fun like that with my friend Amber....we'll luckily Amber loves me and came and picked us up and we played at the neighborhood park and then she dropped us off at the Dealership to pick up the van...did I mention that it cost $100 more than they said at first, on top of taking ALL day?!  again...not a happy camper....
Friday, we planned some fun with Michelle and her kids and grandma (my mom) was back so we got to see her too.  We started off going to visit Michelles friend who had a new baby goat and chickens...we thought the kids would get a kick out of feeding the goats.  They did and had fun...little did I know (but that's a later post..)

Here's mama and baby

kids trying to feed the goat

the chickens running away from the kids

Here goat, come get some lettuce
After feeding the goats, we headed over to my mom's and the kids went swimming in the pool for all of about 15 minutes, it was still a bit cold for the time of the year.  Then we had lunch and they played outside for a long time, played Wii (much to Andrew's excitement) and even had cookies to decorate! It was a fun afternoon and nice end to spring break!

yummy, yummy...

decorating...

and devouring...

hi, mom!

Back to school they go! :)

No comments: