This week is Nevada reading week at Kesterson Elementary School, where Andrew and Rachel spend their days. The theme they have this year is 'Reading Rocks.' They have dress up days for school and Tuesday's day was 'dress like a rock star!' I thought how fun! that is so cool - and the kids had a ball with it as well. Andrew wanted to mohawk his hair and I teased Rachel's just like I would mine back in the 80's when I was growing up. Rachel wanted me to make her a t-shirt like I'd made for Andrew last year, so I did (thankfully I had some leftover transfer paper.) And of course when Andrew saw it, he wanted one too. Also the kids were inducted into the reading rocks hall of fame, having read enough books/time to qualify and were given the cool necklaces they are wearing. I don't know who was more excited, me or them? They look so cute - don't you think?! My reading rock stars.....
1 comment:
I LOVE it! You are such a fun mom! :)
Post a Comment