For Rachel's birthday this year we had a small friend party at the park. She picked the Backyardigans for the theme (mostly because they've been watching that a lot lately) I was good with the theme since the backyardigans is really about imagination and playing games in your backyard. My kids love it and sing the songs from it all the time. She picked the pink uniqua for her cake - which turned out okay - not my best, but she was please so I'm good. We had so much fun at the party with her little friends from kindergarten. we had a 'rad moves' relay (from Surf's up) then we had a snack (lunch), and made flower pinwheels (flower power), opened presents, ate cake, and then we're super spys on a treasure hunt. (which Rachel said was the best part) -aside from presents of course. Almost everyone she invited was able to come and my mom and aunt shari were even able to be there. 
Decorations
lining up for the fun relay
after fun relay in costumes (that was part of the relay)
Rachel having a moment in the slide on said relay
snack (lunch of sandwiches, chips, carrots, and fizzy drink)
flower power (making flower pinwheels)
blowing out the candles
being super spys and finding the clues
opening the tresure box...fun!
A tradition we have started in our family is going out to dinner on said person's birthday (since we don't go out many other times) This year Rach picked Red Robin - which is a family favorite. She picked her favorite food - mac and cheese and little oranges. We had a nice time and everyone was well behaved. :)
happy girl
are we having fun?
the staff singing to rach and her birthday treat (my kids so love this part!)
Later that night playing with presents with her brothers.
In bed, had to take some of her presents with her...
Loves everything. My sweet girl, I can't believe it's been six years since she was born!
The day after Rachel's birthday we headed over to my mom's for a brunch/birthday party for all the March birthday's .. my brother Sam and my aunt Shari happened to be in town, so it was great to celebrate with them. It was a really nice day catching up with everyone. We had brunch/lunch, then presents, and cake. I made this awesome cake I found a picture of on the internet. And it was a big hit. I just call it candy cake. (Yummy) I think it was mostly fun just hanging out and chatting with everyone.
The cake - looks like a big bowl of skittles..:)
Rach opening presents. :)
2 comments:
I lOvE the cake too cute you always do an awesome job on your kids cakes you make me want to try and do better at my cake making skills BUT I think I need to get the tips to that candy cake that would be an awesome dessert to bring to church functions in the future and I LOVE the look of it! Gosh I miss our chats...Life is crazy with two and I STILL don't know how you get through each day with four...all in due time right...I can't get over how grown up you rachel and andrew look these days even you two babies gosh time really does fly with kids in the picture...miss you and I always love hearing from you on facebook or blogging so thanks a bunch for always leaving me a message!
You are a cake genius! Happy Birthday to Rachel!
Post a Comment